Growth in Prayer and Reflective Living
A one year programme (30 x 2½ hour sessions) for those who want a closer relationship with God, who struggle with prayer, who want to make choices that are in tune with God’s dream for the world. No expertise in prayer or reflection is required. The Course The course aims to provide participants with prayer resources and reflection skills that will help them:
- Become more aware of the sense and direction of their lives
- Make choices that reflect their self-identity within an understanding of God’s hopes for the world
- Develop a spirituality that shapes their response to life.
Towards this end, and within the framework of the Christian liturgical year, the course provides opportunities to:
- Reflect on our understanding of God and self
- Become aware of the many ways in which God communicates with us
- Become familiar with different methods of prayer as tools for engaging in conversation with God
- Explore some spiritualities as responses to God’s communication
- Develop skills for reflective living
- Explore the relationship between prayer and engagement with the world.
- Explore how to support your faith journey
- Develop a personal spirituality that integrates prayer and life, and helps shape your response to the latter.
The method is reflective and experience-based. Sessions include team input, guided experiences of prayer, time for quiet personal prayer, and opportunities for listening and sharing. The five full days allow more time for personal prayer. The fifth of these, the final day of the course, will be a day of retreat.
Included for participants are six sessions of individual spiritual accompaniment. These will run from December till May.
The course is open to all, of whatever denomination or none. So come along, whether you have a specific reason for doing the course of simply want space to explore and reflect on your life in relationship to God, self and others. Course application deadline is 1 September 2018